Mysteries that Matter
An intricately crafted mystery set in the contemporary Middle East.
Zan is a politician’s daughter and an adrenaline junkie. Whether she’s rock climbing or shoplifting, she loves to live on the edge. But she gets more of a rush than she bargained for on a forced mother–daughter bonding trip to Turkey, where she finds herself in the crosshairs of an antiquities smuggling ring. These criminals believe that Zan can lead them to an ancient treasure that’s both priceless and cursed. Until she does so, she and her family are in grave danger. Zan’s quest to save the treasure—and the lives of people she cares about—leads her from the sparkling Mediterranean, to the bustle of Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar, to the eerie and crumbling caves of Cappadocia. But it seems that nowhere is safe, and there’s only so high she can climb before everything comes tumbling down.
Published by Viking/Penguin. Now available at these bookstores:
Massachusetts Book Awards 2016: Must-Read Fiction.
- “Renn expertly builds tension, sweeping readers away to exotic locales. Witty and engaging, this book hearkens back to works by Agatha Christie. A great addition to any library that has a teen fan base for thrilling mysteries.”
– School Library Journal
- “[Zan] learns to be her authentic self in her fight to survive, a believable character arc that suits the plot nicely. A solid choice for readers hungry for an absorbing mystery.”
– Kirkus Reviews (full review)
- “Renn’s red herrings keep the pages turning. As a rock climbing, natural snoop, Zan has great character appeal, and teenage girls will eagerly follow her through subsequent adventures . . . [Blue Voyage] will be a popular addition to the mystery collection.”
- “Issues of trust and freedom surround Zan’s investigation, which are aided by her personal growth and talent for rock climbing. For armchair detectives with wanderlust.”
- “Blue Voyage is a tense international adventure, a potent suspense cocktail that will leave you giddy. Diana Renn does it again!”
– Lamar Giles, Edgar nominated author of Fake ID and Endangered
- “This fast-paced story, laced with ancient and current historical facts, will have readers eagerly looking to what lies around the next twist in this action-filled plot.”
– School Library Connection